I haven’t managed to finish my animation of a Song Performance so I am uploading a rendered playblast with the major breakdowns. As it is evident, I did not follow my references completely and added some extra features to the dance moves. The lip sync, however, is complete and I am really satisfied with it!
At last I am able to call my Personality Walk – Done! I think the biggest issue I have given myself was usage of grass, as it took a long time to render and the lighting which required me to use different render settings.
However, it is finally complete and I think it is rather good! The walk I had in mind was really slow, heavy and lazy walk which I thought was suited perfectly for the rig I have found online and I just really wanted to use it in something so this task seemed appropriate for it.
I have also fixed the speed of the walk using the graph editor and just stretching the curves as well as fixed the twitch in the arm. Overall, a great learning experience!
With all the trouble After Effects has given me with editing audio and video together, I have finally managed to complete my Lip Sync! As I explained in the Planning process, the story is set in an Asylum, as Bonnie is sat in a dark corner, really still, wide eyed and blinking rarely – I think it ads to the mood of a physically disturbed persona.
The audio is synched well with the video for which I am extremely happy about.
As everyone approaches their work differently, I’ve decided to approach my lip sync planning by drawing out the mouth shapes to keep me on track whilst I’m animating. Doing this, I find it easier to follow and apply in my animation as oppose to watching a video of myself talk or sing which gets distracting at times so I have decided to post this along with the videos.
This is my planning for lip sync. I’ve included storyboards I have created prior to animating and it is seen that I have changed my idea from “Alien Abduction” theme to “Asylum” theme. The reason I have done this was because the first one was too ambitious as I included multiple camera shots and extra props. I have discarded this idea because I thought an Asylum “crazy” setting would be more suited for the audio track I’ve received and it ended up being the better choice in the end!
I have also included drawings of the way mouth is supposed to move (open, closed, wide, narrow) and it served as great guidelines for when I was actually animating!
This is my 2nd reference for my animation which I like better as I’m not waving my arms as much and am keeping eye contact with the camera.
I don’t like the 2nd half of it as there is too much waving about…again. But I think I will include the beginning in my final animation.
Again, I will merge the 2 references together and experiment.
This is my first reference video for my song performance and overall I’ll try to make it simple with a bit less waving my arms around.
Most definitely I will use bits and pieces from this reference and the one above!